After the first frost, these topiaries are both welcoming decorations for holiday guests and protection for any dormant plants beneath.
- 1 Planter with Dirt
- 3 Branches (About 2’ Each)
- 3-4 Juniper Boughs
- 3-4 White Pine Boughs
- Green Floral Wire
- Inexpensive Plastic Ornaments
- Select and cut 3 branches to about 2’.
- Stick branches in planter along edges. Space evenly.
- Stick juniper boughs into planter within the circle of branches. Use floral wire to bring boughs together into a cone. Juniper cone should cover any plants in need of protection. However, if the plant inside has attractive dried flowers they may be allowed to peak through the juniper to add interest and color.
- Trim pine boughs and use the needles to cover the dirt and plants inside the planter. When this is complete, place longer pine boughs in a circle around the edges of the planter.
- Hang ornaments from the branches to add more color. The sparkle and shine will also reflect nearby Christmas Lights and make these prettier at night.
Posted December 17th, 2017 by Admin