Here’s a very fast and inexpensive Halloween decoration that you can hang from a tree.
- Mask (Preferably a cheap plastic one that’s held onto the head with a single elastic strap)
- 1 Large Black Garbage Bag (The bigger the better)
- Stapler with Staples
- Wire and Pliers, Needle and Black Thread, or Superglue
- Pull garbage bag through elastic back of mask so that the edge is about 3-4” above the top of the mask.
- Fold garbage bag over mask to form a hood. Staple hood over the elastic band to hide where it’s attached to the mask and to secure the garbage bag and mask together. Make sure that elastic band is still visible and usable from the back, as this is how you will hang your decoration.
- If the mask has holes at the top (used for hanging it in the store), you can further secure the mask to the garbage bag hood with wire or a needle and black thread. If there are no holes at the top of the mask, you will need to secure the hood using superglue at the top of the mask. Be sure to clip any excess wire or thread to prevent it from being seen through the mask.
- When mask is secured to garbage bag, use a pair of scissors to shred the bottom 2/3rds of the garbage bag.
- When phantom is complete, hang from a tree using the elastic strap.
Posted October 9th, 2017 by Admin